STOP HIV/AIDS Leadership
Two committees are responsible for the implementation of the STOP HIV/AIDS pilot project:
1. STOP HIV/AIDS Steering Committee
A senior steering committee has been created to provide executive leadership and oversight throughout the pilot project implementation.
2. STOP HIV/AIDS Leadership Committee
- The STOP HIV/AIDS Leadership Committee reports to the Steering Committee and will engage in a collaborative process with partners and stakeholders to ensure the goals and targets of the pilot project are met. The committee’s purpose is to develop planning that supports the implementation of the pilot project and ensures representation for core stakeholders.
STOP HIV/AIDS Representation
STOP HIV/AIDS implementation will be supported by the Leadership Committee, which includes representation from the pilot health authorities (Vancouver Coastal Health, Northern Health, Providence Health Care), the Provincial Health Services Authority, and the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS.
The pilot health authorities will designate one individual each to represent the community and conduct a comprehensive consultation and community engagement process. Aboriginal representation will include the Provincial Aboriginal Health Physician Advisor and a designated Aboriginal community representative, identified by the Provincial Aboriginal Health Physician Advisor.
Representation on the Leadership Committee is as follows:
- BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
- Northern Health Authority
- Providence Health Care
- Provincial Health Services Authority
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Community members (one each from Vancouver and Prince George, and two Aboriginal community representatives)
- Provincial Aboriginal Health Physician Advisor
- BC Ministry of Health Services